West Branch Honors Service Members
The West Branch Veteran’s Day Banner Program is proud to offer the opportunity to honor your favorite Veteran or Active Duty Service Person. Each year the City of West Branch will coordinate the display of Veteran’s Day Banners along Houghton Ave and continue across town to the Veteran’s Memorial. The banners will be displayed for approximately six weeks, beginning the last week of September, with removal being the week of Veteran’s Day, November 11th.
Standard Program Details
- Sponsor may choose to honor an active duty service person or veteran (alive or deceased).
- Sponsor and/or veteran/active duty service member must live, work, or actively volunteer in Ogemaw County, Michigan at time of first display.
- City of West Branch will not verify military status, we will ask the applicant attest to the accuracy of the veteran/service member’s status as a former or active member of any branch of the United State Armed Services.
- Veteran’s Day Banner Program Application period begins January 1st of the display year, applications must be returned by July 15th of the display year.
- Applications will be awarded on a “first in first” and date stamped.
- Banners will be displayed for two (2) consecutive years.
- One (1) renewal option will be offered after two (2) years, for an additional two (2) years of display for a maximum of four (4) consecutive years of display.
- Renewal rate is the same as the original rate.
- Banners that are renewed will only be replaced if necessary.
- Upon banner retirement, the banner will be presented to the sponsor.
- In the event there are applications in excess of available poles, a waiting list for the next year will be created.
- Banner location is at the sole discretion of the committee.
- Banner placement will rotate from year to year, with an attempt to minimize the duplication of individual banners in the central Downtown district.
- Upon selection, applicants will be notified, and will have 2 weeks to provide the following if it has not been submitted with the original application (DO NOT SEND MONEY OR PHOTO NOW-YOU WILL BE NOTIFIED IF SELECTED).
- Digital image (600dpi) of the service member, preferably in uniform, but if that is unavailable a nice headshot of the service member will suffice. If you do not have a digital copy please inform the city office as soon as possible.
- Verification of the proper spelling of the name and rank you want displayed.
- Verification of the branch(es) of service.
- Verification of the service years OR conflict(s) you want displayed.
- Check for $200, made payable to City of West Branch, with the memo, Veteran’s Day Banner Program
- Any applicants that have not returned the required information within the provided window will be disqualified and a replacement applicant will be drawn. The same expectation will be bestowed upon the replacement applicant.
- City of West Branch, and the West Branch Veteran’s Day Banner Program Committee reserve the right to amend the rules at any time and cancel or postpone the display of banners, with or without notice.
- Participants will be asked to sign a waiver for their image and commentary to be used by City of West Branch.
- Banners will not be ordered until payment has been received.
- No refunds will be provided for banners that have been ordered or printed.
- Completed application may be returned using one of the following methods:
- Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- USPS mail to: West Branch Veteran’s Banner Program, c/o City of West Branch, 121 N. 4th St, West Branch, MI
- In person to the West Branch City Hall, located 121 N. 4th, West Branch, MI 48661.
We look forward to honoring your veteran in Downtown West Branch. For additional information feel free to contact Lori Ann Clover at the City of West Branch by phone at 989 345 0500 or email at email@example.com.
West Branch Veteran’s Day Banner Program-2022
Due date: July 15, 2022
Click here to download the application.